Vedic mathematics is an ancient form of understanding mathematics which enables the students to understand the subject in a more holistic way, thus creating higher interest in the subject.
Mathematics was simplified during the Vedic times by creating 16 ‘Sutras’ or word formula’s which explained most of the concepts of mathematics. These sutras beautifully correlate and unify different concepts, thus making us understand mathematics in a more holistic way. Research continues on using these sutras to create and develop applications on Geometry, calculus, computing etc. Thus, Vedic maths allows a student to master the concepts of mathematics in a simplified way.
These sutras were rediscovered in the early 20th century by Sri Bharati Krishna Tirthaji. He was born in 1884 and died in 1960. He was a brilliant student, obtaining the highest honours in all the subjects he studied, including Sanskrit, Philosophy, English, Mathematics, History and Science.
ADVANTAGES OF VEDIC MATHEMATICS
- It is very original, totally unconventional and provides a new thinking and approach .
- It encourages mental calculations. It is easy, simple, direct and straightforward.
- Maths, A dreadful subject is converted into a playful and blissful subject, which we keep on learning with smiles on the face and joy in the heart.
- Vedic Maths enriches our knowledge and understanding of maths, which shows clear links and continuity between different branches of maths.
- We are living in the age of competitions. Vedic Mathematics methods come to us as a boon for all competitions. Present maths requires much effort in learning.
- Vedic Maths being most natural way of working can be learnt and mastered with very little efforts and in a very short time.
- The element of choice and flexibility at each stage keeps the mind lively and alert and develops clarity of mind and intuition by integrated training of the two hemispheres of brain and there by holistic development of the human brain automatically takes place through Vedic Mathematics multidimensional thinking.
- Vedic Mathematics system at a very subtle level helps us in development of the spiritual part of personality.